Tuesday 19 March 2013

Advert Evaluation.

Evaluation
I think this final image was harder than my image for subcultures. 
Originally, I was going to submit this image 
I accidentally converted the image to greyscale using RAW resulting in the inability to add coloured text. 

I continued to fully edit but I wasn't pleased with the outcome. It didn't look as appealing. I figured that it was probably because of the border around the text, it's the focus of attention, and that is not what I intended. 

So I decided to start again, I changed the quote. I also removed the border around the text.
I realised once finishing that this image is a lot sharper, the model's face is sharper than my submitted final image.

Also, I'm really not a fan of the harsh shadows on her fore-arm.







Once I re-edited I realised that I hadn't credited the artist quote, so added it in again using the same font, however decreasing the opacity.

I think now the image is a lot softer, the HMV logo is the right colour and I have removed the border around the image, the final looks a lot cleaner.
If I were to re-do the shoot, I'd experiment with different lighting, maybe try some more 'beauty lighting'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment